Wednesday, July 15, 2009

July 14 Grocery Trip

I'm feeling a little blah regarding my shopping trip last night. I got a late start as David is prepping to take his CDL test on Thursday and needed to study for a couple hours. Mid-way through my trip I ran over a nail and had to ask for help at the nearest Speedway to fix my flat. To top it off, many people (lacking couponing etiquette, apparently) totally jacked the stores of all the freebies.

My stops were Whole Foods, Target, Meijer, and Kroger. I did okay but there's not too much to report. Here is a short list of my best finds:

Whole Foods

Organic carrots for $1.69
Organic celery hearts for $1.49
Santa Cruz organic lemonade for .99! Use this coupon to .75 off to make it .24!

Meijer

Huggies were $10.24. I had a $2 off coupon making them $8.24. When you bought $10 in Huggies products, you received $10 toward 3 Fruit of the Loom products. For roughly $14 I got a jumbo pack of Huggies, 2 packs of undies, and a pack of socks! Not too shabby for this girl.

Other deals:

Tyson all-natural chicken breasts (frozen) were $4.99 a bag. I grabbed 2 and applied 2 $1 off coupons to make them $3.99 each!

Cucumbers were 3 for $1.

Planters mixed nuts (a hubby favorite) were on sale 2/$5. I had 2/$1 off coupons making them 2/$3. Meijer Mealbox also had an additional $1 off 2 coupon making them 2/$2. I would like to say that I remembered to print off the mealbox coupon, but I didn't. So I paid the full $3. Boo.

Kroger

Of course I took advantage of the mega deal! You purchase any 10 participating products and get $5 off your entire purchase! Combine the deal with manufacturer's coupons and we're talking free or next to free here. It was very tempting to buy junk as a whole lot of junk was on sale (and I had coupons!) but I stood firm.

I was able to snag 2 boxes of Special K bars $1.75 a box. Not great, but pretty good.

Free Quaker rice snacks.

I got a couple bags of Chex Mix (dark chocolate- YUM!) for .49 each.

Welch's Reduced Sugar Jelly (our favorite!) for ~ $1 each!

HAPPY SHOPPING!

P.S. It 9:15 and my boys are just waking up! How nice.

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna have to grocery shop today some. I love it...I get to get out and spend money! :) How much do you typically spend a week...groceries and toiletries? I wish we lived closer to a meijer and whole foods and sam's club. I mostly have to stick to kroger and wal-mart...and usually just price match ads at wal-mart anymore, although half the time they hate that! :) I did the big coupon thing for awhile, but found we didn't eat alot of stuff we had coupons for...but I got the paper on Sunday and plan to try again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...