- David and I are officially fans of The Office. We spent years wondering why anyone would invest time in such useless programming. Now we know why: it's hiliarious.
- We have our first official playgroup (since we moved) this morning. I am excited. However, I am also curious how it will go with four children as I didn't have Kaedmon the last time we attended playgroup.
- This past Wednesday David and I finished up our new members class at The Point. We also completed our elder interview, which means we are now members! We have never had so much requested/required of us in the past regarding church membership. What a blessing to be part of this group of believers. We are very thankful!
- I returned 4 late movies to the library yesterday. The fine: 1 dollar per movie per day. Ouch. I'll be sure to never let that happen again!
- The trash men come way too early. We're always racing outside to beat him. Everyone else puts their trash out the night before. I really think we still have some New Mexico in our blood and fear it will attract a bear.
- I'm sleeping through the night now and I take one to two (teeny tiny) naps a day and I'm still tired. David says I need to get back to the gym consistently.
- I think I found a science book for Noah. It looks pretty fun. I'm excited about it!
- I can't believe I am pregnant again. I know that sounds ridiculous. 5 kids in, it should come as no surprise to me at all. I understand that. But I really am surprised. It doesn't seem real. I was afraid to tell David but he was so wonderful about it and he is very excited. I am so thankful that God gave us to one another. When we married, I wanted 5 children and he wanted 3. Funny how things change...
- In my head, I think I am having a boy. What else would I think? I think David is the same way. In our hearts, however, we love to believe it's a girl. I ache for a daughter. David wants a little girl. Time will tell. God's will is so much better than our desires and wishes, even when our desires and wishes are pure.
- We've begun to teach financial responsibility to the boys. There's nothing better than teaching them about money to expose the selfishness that goes so deep in their hearts. They cannot see the importance in saving and they want instant gratification. They cannot accept that a dime will not buy a train. Sounds a lot like their mother not too long ago.
Friday, July 24, 2009
Friday Musings
Labels:
Musings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment