Monday, February 14, 2011

Love x 10 years.


Fall 2000- We meet. You ask me to play ultimate frisbee. I look at friends and say: "How cute. A freshman wants me to to play ultimate." Little did I know you were 2 years older and a senior?

February 2001- You pursue. I'm rude (at least according to you). I disagree. You IM me. We have a lot in common. I hear you tell your friends you could marry me because I like to shop at Goodwill. 

March 2001- First date. I don't even remember what we did. I don't remember fireworks. I remember a very awkward evening. You were cute- and I liked you.

March 20, 2001. We begin "dating".

Easter-ish 2001. I love you. Wow- that didn't take long.

October 7, 2001. Engaged! Unfortunately, you were too nervous to follow through with the original plan and propose in the parking lot of the dorm.

June 7, 2002- Married! Honeymoon for 2 beautiful weeks in the Poconos and NYC!

May 2003- Baby on the way? NO! Can it be? Little did we know, news like this would become the norm in our family.

December 2003- We graduate college. I can barely squeeze in my desk.

December 31, 2003- Noah is here. A boy! Whoduthunkit?

April 2004- Pregnant again?!?! Our Noah just started sleeping through the night. *Sigh*

December 4, 2004- Our Sammy is born! Here we go again! ;)

January 2006- Baby number 3 coming! Obviously abstinence isn't a good new years resolution for us??? Yep- I said it. 

September 12, 2006- Simon is here! We're getting pretty good at this parenting thing!

December 2006- Our biggest adventure yet! New Mexico. I love you more than ever and sometimes it feels like all we have is each other. Some of my sweetest memories!

May 2008- A new King is on the way. Could it be a girl???

November 2008- We move back to Kentucky. We'll miss you, New Mexico!

January 8, 2009- Nope. Not a girl. It's Kaedmon. What a blessing! 

July 2009- Ready or not, number 5! A girl? Perhaps? A daughter for Daddy? Could it be? I mean, could it? Could it?!?!?!

October 21, 2009- Yes- a girl!!! We are thrilled. Shocked. Blessed. Clara Noelle!

March 20, 2010- Clara is here! We are beyond blessed!

Today. February 14, 2011.

We've come a long way from who we were in 2001 to who we are today. Our love is perfectly imperfect and God is very good. Each year is another gift to share with you. I am entirely yours forever. I am so thankful that God has given me a husband beyond what I could have ever asked for or hoped for. He was exceedingly gracious when He gave me you.

I don't expect the coming years to be easy- at all. We'll be together, however, and that is enough.

I love you. 

1 comment:

  1. I just read this and love it.
    Thought you should know. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...