- "Mrs. Sargent, I was a blessing to Dillon this morning. I made him a train track even though he didn't ask for one." Smile beaming from ear to ear.
- An internal struggle between trust and distrust emerged within hours of their parents leaving… The boys went on a walk to the park. One little boy said, "My heart is telling me that you might be taking us to a lab to kill us." But then immediately shrugged it off an kept running gleefully to the destination…
- Overheard on the monitor at night: One little boy was scared to go to sleep being his first sleepover and Davis leaned over and said, "It will be OK- Just tell God how you are feeling and He will help you feel better. Just try it!"
- Same wise man, Davis, then proceeded to make funny noises when all was quiet and then snicker and say," what was that noise?" After about the fourth time, the other little boy said- "Davis is that you?" Davis said "yes" with a big laugh. Same boy said, "Davis that sound scarred me." Davis said, "Oh, I'm sorry." Sweet boy said, "I forgive you."
- Little Comedian- "One day when I was on a plane, I had to make an emergency landing on a cloud. About 20 police cars and ambulances came but I was OK. That happened in February. What is the date today?"
- Me- "Would you boys like some milk with your pancakes?" Little Comedian- "Only if it is skim milk. I am allergic to all the other kinds of milk."
- Me: "How about some PB&J sandwiches? Are you all hungry?" With a that does not sound so appetizing expression, one little boy replied, "No, I don't think I will be hungry for a long time Mrs. Sargent."
- I followed up with, "Ok, what kind of lunches do you usually eat. What is your favorite? " Little Comedian- "Ice Cream Sandwiches!"
- Two of the boys had a problem when someone was hit in the head with a ball. It was an accident with no real injuries so they were asked to go and try to work it out themselves first. They emerged with it resolved. When asked about it.. Davis replied, " I think (the little boy) learned a lesson." The other little boy- "Yes, I did. I won't throw a tennis ball at someone with my eyes closed again."
- On day 2 of our adventure- Me: "Let's take your sweatshirt in case you get cold? "Little Comedian: "Ok but can you carry it because it is too heavy for me to carry, I just had arm surgery yesterday."
Monday, February 21, 2011
Funnies from Noah and Sammy's first sleepover
Noah and Sammy stayed, along with the other kiddos, with friends over the weekend while David and I whisked off to Cincinnati for one night. My friend, Amy, compiled a list of the cute and comical comments overheard while they were there. I am so thankful she did! Here we go (told from Amy's perspective):
Labels:
Boys
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's hysterical!!! You really need to buy the book "my Quatable Kid" or figure out a system to keep up with the things they say.
ReplyDeleteI love how absolutely full your hands are! :-D Those little men are hilarious.
ReplyDelete