- Sammy peed on Simon's head on our way home from Lexington today. I don't know all the details, but Sammy informed me that he had to pee and he couldn't wait any longer. I knew he was serious because he was whining and dancing (a clear indicator) so I tossed him a disposible cup (any good mom of boys carries disposible cups anywhere she goes). My guess is that he became so excited to "relieve" himself that he had a bad aim and shot it straight up in the air, over his seat, and into his brother's hair and eyes. Poor Simon. I don't think he ever got that it was urine. But he cried and cried and cried.
- We are having family pictures taken tomorrow at the capital (or is it capitol?). Is it capitalized? Hmm. Anyway, I got us some new duds for the occasion and I think they're going to look great. At least I hope they are. I am also praying for a cool morning as the clothes are fall-ish and this week has been a scorcher.
- My cravings are utterly whacked out this go-around. I usually crave pizza, fruit loops, mashed potatoes, and sour gummy words. Oh- and slushies. This time around I am nauseated by the thought of almost any of these items. This time, I want KFC, bean soup (what?!?!), and water (again, what?!?!) So weird. I don't one bit buy the idea that this is any indication of gender, but it is very strange for me.
- My first prenatal appointment is September 9. It is at this time that I hope to find out if I qualify for a home birth. My body loves good ol' group B strep and I am praying that doesn't disqualify me.
- Noah told me yesterday that he asked God to give him "the force." He then assured me that he would still be the sole Jedi who loved Jesus and told others about him- so I need not worry.
- I took all 4 boys to Target today. With the help of Noah pushing Kaed in the stroller, Sam and Simon in the buggy, and one delicious popcorn combo, they were fabulous. I couldn't have asked for a better morning.
- The Zantac is easing up my stomach pain. Thank. You. Lord. It was miserable. And completely debilitating.
- Morning sickness, on the other hand, continues to intensify. That would make sense given hormone levels continue to rise. And for that, I'm thankful. My morning sickness is very hard to explain. It is very sensory. It is very rare for me to feel like I am going to "be sick." However, for the 24 hours a day, I kinda just wish I would. My morning sickness is almost always an issue of the taste in my mouth. It's hard to explain to someone who has never experienced it, but it's very unpleasant. I have switched toothpaste once. I will continue to do so.
- Can I just say how much I love David? He has been so helpful these past few weeks. I know our house is driving him crazy. He insists, however, that he doesn't mind the mess. Thanks for lying, sweetie =) It means a lot.
- My new favorite song: this. I thought my Sarah MacLachlan days were over, but isn't this beauitful?
Friday, August 14, 2009
Friday Musings
Labels:
Musings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh dear, I need to get me some disposable cups! :) Poor Simon.
ReplyDelete