Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Throwing Mama under the bus- Noah style...

Noah's kindergarten class made the mothers in their class a cookbook. Cute, eh? Wait.

The whole idea behind the cookbook was that each child would tell the teacher their favorite food that their Mom prepares for them- in their own words. Sounds easy enough, right?

Want some examples?

  1. Turkey meatball heroes (Mommy cooks the turkey, mixes it with bread, shapes into balls. You get the point.)
  2. Pasta (Mom boils the water, melts some butter, adds the pasta.)
  3. Pizza (Mommy spread sauce onto a tortilla-looking thingy and adds yellow cheese and cooks it at 1000 degrees for 4 hours. Yeah- there were a few of those too.)
My son? Chocolate chip cookies. I was excited, I mean excited, to see what he would have to say about our cookie-making skills as a team. What did I find? You just look for yourself:


Yup. Plastic.

Are you kidding me???? Do I ever use prepackaged cookie dough? Yes. Is it often? Since Clara has been born? Yes. Since I started using coupons? Yes. However, this kid forgets 6 years of making cookies from scratch and condenses all his cookie-making memories with Mommy into one short period of time.

Arg. I really battled my pride on this one. I know it's not the biggest deal in the world. Like one of the other Moms said, however, I feel like I owe every other Mom in class a formal note to inform them that we do, in fact, make our own cookies. Isn't that ridiculous? Who cares what other Moms think? Unfortunately, me.

I know, I know. I'm working on it.

At least he made me a cute picture to go along with his deception =)

7 comments:

  1. For mother day at school Noah made a card with a flower that had five flower petals on it. On those petals are things that he loves about me on it - are you ready? 1. I love my mommy 2. She play x-box with me 3. She plays on the computer with me. 4. She clean my room. 5. She makes me dinner. I am so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Too funny. I love it!

    Kacie

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW FUNNY!!! I guess I need to start practicing what Clark should say if he is ever asked!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's really funny and i am sure you make wonderful homemade cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Funny! Sorry, it just is. :) The drawing is awesome too. -Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the homemade cookies you made in NM.Your boys are getting so big. Do you need a babysitter soon? Hee hee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...