I am having a tough ol' time as Noah and Sammy finish up school for the year. I find myself in tears often. I'm really not sure why. My guesses?
- I'm 2 months post partum. Enough said.
- I have a 1st grader!
- I haven't a clue what to do with 5 kids under the age of 6 for an entire summer.
- The fear that our boys will not be able to return to Trinity next year (for lack of financial aid).
I guess each of these reasons make sense, but I wish I could kick the blues. Now is the time to enjoy them growing up. I don't want to look back 20 years down the road and wish I had enjoyed these times more.
Any thoughts?
Mandy, are there any summer school camps in your area? IDK, maybe it is just a thing in K's school district. His school has a free month-long summer camp to prepare him for Kindgerten! He will go to "school" this summer from mid June through mid July and the bus will even transport him (half days). He is really excited. There is also VBS!! :)
ReplyDeleteJust a couple of thoughts! Maybe go to the public schools website (even though your boys are private) and see if there are any free summer camps your boys might be able to attend? Look into mommy & me's & MOPS that you can do with the little ones if the older ones are doing something, so they are getting out and socializing too. And playdate, playdate, playdate!! We've already got our first summer playdate set up for next week...didn't waste any time! LOL
~Jill