Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Our Clara Noelle at 23 weeks


Check out this girl: Look at that leg completely extended over her head. I wish her Mama was that limber!

I had an ultrasound today to monitor a low-lying placenta so we got to see our lady.

The great news: the placenta has moved up and should pose no problem in the future!

Baby girl's growth is a little slow (which is totally new for this big-baby family), but I've been assured it's not a big deal. It's less than a week off from my due date. They have asked to perform one more ultrasound in 4 weeks to monitor the growth again.

In other pregnancy news:

1. I think I'm huge. Funny thing is, I don't remember what I weighed when I got pregnant, but I think I am already going on 20 pounds.

2. I see my midwife on Friday. I look forward to those visits.

3. Round ligament pain is worse than ever. I thought I might have to go to the hospital for it one afternoon last week. Sometimes it's seriously more than I can bear. But who can blame the ligaments? I've given them 5 children to bear in the last 5 years. I'm sure their not too pleased with me.

4. I don't think I stop eating. Seriously. Yesterday I botched an entire batch of peanut butter fudge and I ate it. Just me. All of it. Who cares if it had the consistency of powder? It tasted the same.

More updates to come after I see my midwife. We'll talk more about birth plan and hospital vs. homebirth this Friday.

1 comment:

  1. I totally sympathize with #3. It has been tough this time around for me too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...