Wow! What a day...
If you haven't heard, we're having a daughter! What joy! What elation!
It's strange, however, because I have always been a Mommy to boys and I'm not sure I am going to know what to do with a daughter.
That being said, I believe every child is a gift. I can honestly say that I have never taken my ability to bear children for granted. I understand that the ability to conceive a child doesn't come easily for many and I hurt for those women. At least half of my friends have endured heartaches such as miscarriage, stillbirth, infertility (secondary and otherwise), as well as the death of an infant.
Words cannot express the excitement and laughter, as well as praise and thankfulness, that has filled our home today, but I feel like I must be clear: we would have been just as thankful for another son. It saddens me to think that anyone might think otherwise. In this family, our prayer is first and foremost God's will and His glory. If a son would have been God's will for us, that would have been wonderful!
We did pray for a daughter. David and I both desired a daughter. We love having our boys, but I know my husband wanted so much the experience of being a father to a daughter. As well, I very much wanted to mother a daughter and, by God's grace (and that alone!), teach her how to be a godly woman.
Praise God for this gift- an answer to prayer! We are so thankful and continue to thank everyone for their well-wishes and prayers.
Congratulations again! I'm still shocked and overjoyed for you. I keep looking at my boys and wondering what they would do with a sister! Crazy thought. She will be one very fortunate little girl. :)
ReplyDeleteKacie