Friday, July 22, 2011

1000 gifts

I have been wanting to give Ann Voskamp's list of 1000 gifts a shot, but I kept making the excuse that I would do so after I read the book and, well, that still hasn't happened. I figure now is just as good a time as any.

  1. the blessed hope, especially today.
  2. these light and momentary afflications- believe it or not.
  3. a patient husband
  4. a faithful God's provision
  5. that first feeling of hunger following a stomach virus- when you know you're on the mend
  6. a cloudy day
  7. Trinity Christian Academy- and God for His grace in allowing us to send our children there
  8. stark realizations, like "you will never get THIS day again" and "they won't be little and want your constant attention much longer" and so forth...
  9. lulls in the middle of the day
  10. new cloth diapers from a friend
  11. brakes that WORK
  12. waking up in the morning to renewed strength, clarity, and hope- & being reminded that I am not the one who never slumbers nor sleeps...
  13. LaDiEs NiGhT with authentic mexican food and a live mariachi band
For all of these gifts, Father, help me to see you as the Giver of them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...